PORTSTEWART GOLF CLUB – 2018 Committee will updated soon.
Council Committees for 2017
(1) Executive (Meeting as required)
Officers (President, Captain [Convenor], Vice-Captain, Hon Secretary, Hon Treasurer), Trustees
(2) House, Catering & Social
Stephen Henry (Convenor)
(Co-opt x 1 – 3)
Adrian McNeice (Convenor)
(Co-opt x 1)
(4) Finance & HR
David Lamont (Convenor)
Convenors of (2), (3), (5), (6)
Desi Wreath (Convenor)
(Co-opt x 1)
(6) Competitions, Match & Handicap
Paul Garrett (Convenor)
(Co-opt x 1 or 2)
Vice Captain, Hon Treasurer & Hon Secretary
Michael Moss (Club’s Irish Open Director 2017)
Convenors as required
Professional, Chief Bar Steward, Caddy Master (as required)
(Co-opt as required)
(1) Executive Committee: oversees major issues of Club discipline, land and premises purchase or sale or renting, developments, legal problems etc., always bringing proposals to Council for discussion and approval (in common with all committees), if not already covered by the General Manager.
(2) House, Catering & Social: deals with all matters to do with the fabric and furnishings, electrical, plumbing, lighting, security, health & safety, car parking, signage, hire and usage by members and outside bodies/individuals and the Club’s Policies relating to usage including signing in of non-member. It oversees the provision of a social programme for the benefit of all members, conduct of all such events in club premises, including the operation of any contract with hirers, operation of the Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Policy including dress code, smoking, mobile phone use etc, specific issues related to events using catering and bar facilities, including members’, guests’ and customers’ satisfaction, menu issues, special licences and admission to premises matters.
(3) Greens: oversees all matters to do with the maintenance, standards, quality, protection, development, planning and play of all three courses, the purchase, renting, maintenance and replacement of machinery, greenkeepers and staffing, and budgets.
(4) Finance & HR: oversees all matters related to finance, accounts, income & expenditure, wages and salaries, fees and subscriptions, audits, staff review & performance, appointments and terms of employment of all staff. Also liaison with and oversight of Pro Shop, Caddy Master and Ranger.
(5) Membership: oversees applications for membership and recommendations to Council, (presenting written details of applicants, proposers and seconders to Council), Temporary membership issues, Corporate applications.
(6) Competition, Match & Handicap: oversees the operation of all competitions, match arrangements, prize money, trophies, presentations and prizes, foyer (TV) and website display of winners’ names and photos, the handicap and booking systems, playing statistics, production and updating of Local Rules, scorecards and StrokeSavers, the drafting of the annual competition calendar and draws for Club Competitions, liaison with and identification of team captains.
(7) Tournament: the oversight of all championships and tournaments, amateur and professional, involving mainly non-members, liaison with governing bodies, identification of course marshals, scorers, markers, recorders, starters etc, links preparation, catering, parking, media, sponsorship and advertising, budgets, post-tournament analysis and reports.